If I had a leaky rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tank in the first floor bathroom and a hot-water storage tank next to it heated up by a boiler which is downstirs on the wall. If a rad on the ground floor was leaking and I was unable to unscrew it from its fixings, to stop the dripping, presumably I would have to bleed the system to get the water from the pipes? Can I presume (hope!) that the three way valve would stop water coming into the rad system, thus keeping the pipes empty and allow me to have the luxury of hot water from the tank, albeit in a cold house?
Just trying to work out the way these systems work.

Sponsored Links
by shutting the heating port on the valve won't stop the water entering the heating circuit as it will still flow round the return pipework.

wheres the rad leaking ?

Hi, Seems to be a bit of damp on the base of the rad which is on the ground floor front room.

can't you shut valves each end that will stop the rad getting any flow.
and drain just the rad.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back