Ikea/B&Q/Homebase kitchens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how Ikea kitchens compare to Howdens/ MFI/ Homebase/ B&Q etc? My mum has had her Ikea one for years with no problems so I was going to play safe and get one myself

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IKEA kitchens are oddball sizes, so they're you'll not get replacement doors or drawers from anywhere else - not a problem, you say, but the same applies to fridges, ovens, etc. many standard units from high street suppliers won't fit. Another downer about IKEA kitchens is that there is no space behind cabs for the plumbing, so it all has to be dropped to floor level which in some kitchens creates problems of its own. They're OK, but nothing special in quality terms.

From the others the Howdens are proably the best in price/quality terms - they are delivered assembled, they are glued and dowelled construction therefore stronger and they have solid backs. they also put edgebanding on more edges so the units are a bit more damp resistant in the longer term

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back