imi powermax 135 boiler will not ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with this: I have an Imi Powermax135 boiler which intermittently fails to ignite;it used to do this now and again after the water had reached temp. and needed to be heated again,but now does it when starting from cold as well.sometimes it does not ignite at all,other times it appears to partially ignite and goes through its auto cycle to try and ignite again after 10-15 seconds.Could it be a weak spark?The only way I can get it to fire is by continually switching between timed/cont and off on the prog.unit,which is obviously a right pain and is also causing me some large earache!!!!Does anyone know of a C.H engineer in Swansea area who services these lovely pieces of equipment?

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer said:
i agree Gazza sounds like pcb to me it is a very old model so dont know if potterton will come out to it :confused:

Get BG out if not, take on any old rubbish (not that yours is!) for a fixed repair fee of 132.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.Further info:THe ignition unit is generating a spark-you can hear it crackling, but it's hard to say how strong it is.Heateam want £250 to turn up so they are my last option.

ollski said:
i agree Gazza sounds like pcb to me it is a very old model so dont know if potterton will come out to it :confused:

Get BG out if not, take on any old rubbish (not that yours is!) for a fixed repair fee of 132.

I think you will find they dont come out to these after a nasty mishap in Oxford :(

ollski said:

I think you will find they dont come out to these after a nasty mishap in Oxford :(

They will come out but have an agreement with potterton to use them for gas valve replacement.....still only costs 132 though.

what even on a boiler thats 10 or so years old :confused:

Even on a boiler thats 30 years old Gaz, you guys don't know how spoilt you are :D

yes but i bet you guys say "sorry parts arent available for that boiler anymore but we can fit a new one for £5000"

Of course, if its true and your lot no longer supply them ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back