IMI Powermax 155

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with one of these Thermal Store Boilers. Before I go into detail does anyone know much about these? My problem is with 'Hot Water' delivery.

Many Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
dave, sounds like your scale or blender valve has gone , can you tell me the actual fault

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

Hot water delivery is pretty cool, 32 Degs C, plenty of it though, I even inserted a temporary stop valve on the cold water inlet of the blending valve to prove that what was coming out was going through the heat exchanger.

The Hot Water pump is running so looking at a previous thread I believe the Heat Exchanger is scaled.

So, question is, How do you de-scale the Heat Exchanger? This 155 is the OV model, I done plenty of power-flushing but have not come across this type of boiler before.

Being available in either OV or sealed, I take it these Thermal stores are a lot stronger than the Boilermate type! (there's a story there)

Thank you in anticipation.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Before you start, what is the temp of the hot water going into the top of the blending valve?

Central heating having been off for at least half an hour.

Hi Baxpoti,

Without the central heating onit was pretty cool to the touch and I was surprised at it taking soooo long to heat up. I had to leave in the end and I would say it was around that of the delivery temp.

Thanks

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back