Immersion Problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm not sure if my immersion heater is working correctly. I have a megaflow tank with two elements, one connected to the economy 7 circuit and the other to the normal supply. The economy seven isolating switch is on all the time but obviously does not get a supply till night time. In the morning we have lovely hot water but after only two showers the water has gone cold. The tank is massive and I cannot believe we use anyway near that much water in the morning.

Help please! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If the water heats up overnight then the economy 7 heater must be working. If the hot water runs out then you must have used it up.

It's easy enough to work out how much water two showers use.

If the water heats up overnight then the economy 7 heater must be working. If the hot water runs out then you must have used it up.

It's easy enough to work out how much water two show
ers use.

It's a 170l tank and we don't have long showers, I really can't believe we use that much. How do you work out how much water you use?

Sponsored Links
Has this problem only recently occurred ?

we have recently changed the time we get up in the morning. Before we used to get up when the economy 7 seven supply was still on and therefore the tank was still heating itself. Now the tank will have been off for a couple of hours and we have noticed the problem.

Some cylinders have a high and a low fitting, possibly your economy 7 is too high up so only half of the 170 litres is heated. Came across something similar recently where the stat would not turn off the demand despite tapwater being 70 degrees.
Alternatively, post the question at sparky forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back