Increasing security

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking to increase security on my home and am contemplating fitting sash jammers to front and rear doors Both Upvc now there 2 types I have seen firstly a kit that has jack nuts if a hollow plastic frame or one with just machine screws if metal reinforced frame. the doors were installed around 7 years ago by safestyle uk. Are door frames reinforced with metal as standard? also do I fit 2 to each door one top one bottom or just one near the door handle.

Thanks in advance

Carl

Sponsored Links
Should be reinforced but you never can tell with some companies, a work colleague of mine used to work for them and is always telling me of horror stories.

You could try a magnet but the steel is generally in the second chamber so behind 2 layers of pvc so a magnet may not pick it up, try taking the centre latch off on the frame and see if theres any steel showing, looking at what type of screws holding it on is also a good indicator of whether steel is present, you'll either have standard self drilling type screws for just pvc or ones with a self drilling head on them to get through the steel.

Oh and i'd fit 2 per door as well ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back