Indesit FID20 built-in oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed this oven three years ago in a kitchen re-fit, and yesterday evening it seems the heating elements have failed, it is not cooking, only the fan running. Does anyone here know if these are easily replaceable? Or is it a case of a new oven? Bit annoying, it cost £500. Any advice appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Yes these are easy to replace. You tube shows you how, just remove the rear panel in the oven cavity.

Thankyou rocks1, I thought I may have to take oven out and access from rear. Now have it out, 'phoned nearest spares shop, has one in stock and shuts at 12 today, so now off.

Sponsored Links
All fixed OK Sunday morning, hot oven again now. Tips! - Not too difficult, but do need clips or something - blobs of blu-tak! - ready to stop wires falling back when disconnecting the old element. Not much slack on wires either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back