Indesit W93 Drum/bearings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me if the bearings/drum on indesit W93 can be changed. The drum has a plastic casing around it and a large spoke wheel at the back connected to the motor via the belt. Or am I looking at a new machine.

Sponsored Links
Thanks sleepyhead... and although the outerplastic cover is fine you are right about the cheap machine... for my own I paid a couple of hundred more and the machine (touch wood) has lasted for some 8years. :idea:

One major problem with plastic tubs is when the tub is split it's extremely difficult (sometimes impossible) to get the back part back on and sealed. They distort due to the hot washes. When I worked for an Indesit agent for a short (very short) while we had to replace the outer tubs on 95% of the machines.
In short, most are uneconomical to repair.

Sponsored Links
can anyone tell me if the bearings/drum on indesit W93 can be changed. The drum has a plastic casing around it and a large spoke wheel at the back connected to the motor via the belt. Or am I looking at a new machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back