Indesit Washer w123 PCB replace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks for reading my post.

I have a 7 year old Indesit washing machine model w123s where the control PCB at the back has a number of burned out sections on the board but none of the terminals are burnt out.

I have gotten a cheap PCB board from a tradesman who didn't need his for a fix but I don't want to put a new board in for it to get blown again. I'm not very good with electrics but is there anything I should do to check this?

I have looked for signs of a water leak on the drum but this is unlikely as there is dry dust on the floor near the PCB stash. I have an electrical tester but would need advice on using it. I can post pics of the old board if needed.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Has the pcb got the right EPROM in it for your mc that's the first worry , after that unless you have a megger your stumped , I would imagine it's blown just cos old age.

Hi Rocks1,

I have no megger, just a bog standard voltage tester. I've had a look at the plugs on the interlock and on the timer and they seem fine but most of the burning seems to be around the white 4 pin plug in this picture- ( power plug? )

dscn1891b.jpg

dscn1892p.jpg

Any ideas? It has the right EMPROM as it is the original board.

Thanks

Mark

That looks ok just wear and tear , that block is mains input new pcb will be ok.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

that's a great relief ( as I can't afford a new washer yet. ) Will plug it in and give it a whirl :LOL: ........ the PCB board has arrived today.

Thank you again, much appreciated

Mark.

Oh man,

This board hasn't made any difference....

The machine on reset flashes rapidly and then continues to flash normally with no error codes. When you put it to a program, it flashes rapidly and then locks the door but does nothing.

What could it be?

Mark.

Motor brushes worn that's all , should have asked before you changed pcb. Oh dear. ;)

Hi again Rocks1

No worries, it was my fault jumping to conclusions. The board looked on it's way out anyway, it was scorched on a number of sections. The brushes are off and they are worn down so I have just ordered some more of those.

It's all good- I'm learning, have never delved into a machine like this before. :)

cheers

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back