Indesit WD 12X - Door will not open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you believe it, almost exactly two years to the day and two of our integral appliances are playing up on the same day!

The Belling dishwasher (IDW 603) has decided it wont show a fault number or perform. I'll leave this job for anther day.

My question refers to our washing machine, as per the title the door will not open. The handle appears to be 'slack' and not catching on anything that would release the door.

I read a plea for help relating to this very topic and the solution sounded easy. Pass string etc around the handle (between :mad: outer circle of plastic and back of handle) to the right were it meets the door, then grab both ends top and bottom and pull to the left. Nothing happened!

Am I doing this right or is there another way of opening the door?

Sponsored Links
CBERRY said:
Pass string etc around the handle (between :mad: outer circle of plastic and back of handle) to the right were it meets the door, then grab both ends top and bottom and pull to the left. Nothing happened!

Am I doing this right or is there another way of opening the door?

The string goes around the door, into the gap between the machine and door and right round to the hinge side. When you pull you'll pull back the door lock, while you've got tension on it, pull the door outward.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back