INDESIT WDG1295

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
MY INDESIT WASHING MACHINE DOESN'T EMPTY THE CONDITIONER TRAY ON ANY OF THE CYCLES. ANY IDEAS ANYONE PLEASE? COULD IT BE THE PROGRAMMER? :confused:

Sponsored Links
If there is no sign that water has flooded the conditioner chamber it is likely that the water valve that allows water to flow into the conditioner chamber has failed. The cold water valve assembly usually consists of a couple of valves manufactured as a unit. One part directs water to soap container while another part delivers water to the conditioner. Usually easily replaced by a competent DIY person.

Thanks for the advice - I'll ask my resident DIY expert (hubby) nicely if he'll have a look - will let you know. :)

If this is one of the Indesit models with the rotary program switch on the top right of the machine and the soap / conditioner tray on the top left of the machine, then there is a problem with the operating linkage between to two, due to bad design. Basically the linkage can disengage inside the machine meaning that if it does, all water goes only through the soap tray and to fix it, the linkage has to be put back in place. Then of course, you need to fix it so that the same doesn't happen again. Is this your design of machine ?

Sponsored Links
Had exactly the same problem with mine. The linkage from the timer to the tray assembly was fine. What this linkage does is to move the water jet and align it with pathways in the tray unit to direct the water to the various compartments. Over time the pathways had become rather gunged up with that horrible black sludgy stuff. I removed the complete assembly and separated the top section which screws on and cleaned the whole thing out. Worked fine after that. The water inlet above the conditioner tray is just one very small hole so that's the first thing that will get blocked. Hope this helps.
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back