indesit WG1130Tnot all programmes are working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an indesit washing machine model WG1130T

on thursday evening i put some swimwear in the washing machine and set the programme to 4 then i realised i only wanted to fabric condition and rinse so i turned the dial to the rinse programme 6. the plug sockets in the house all went off !!. since then if i put clothes in to wash on prog 4 no water fills up the drum and near the prog switch is a ticking noise like it is heating up. i can wash on the no 9 prog but the clothes come out really hot and i dont think that they have been rinsed. it also works on the no 2 prog but it goes all the way round to prog 8 with water continually filling until the final spin. i have obviously shorted something when i manually turned the dial to rinse. any ideas would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
i cant speak for yours but when i worked for HP we were told NEVER turn the dial manualy when the m/c is on, it can ruin the timer.

sounds like you just have.

i cant say for costs but as a rough guide with no insurance, replcement timer , new motor contol board (maybe) = ££££££££££ new m/c ££££

you could try a new timer , but i know what i would do.

ogh if your m/c is over 5 years then get new one will probably be better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back