Indesit WIDL126 Drum not moving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post and I've tried looking for a similar problem online already but cant find one. Basically a few nights ago we were going to bed so went into the Kitchen to make sure out back door was locked and the kitchen was filled with smoke. The washer had been on and has been making quite loud noises for a little while but I haven't had a chance to have a look at it until now. When I heard the noise I thought it might be the bearings but I removed the back of the washer and saw that the concrete counterweight had come off on one side and had dropped onto the drive belt. The drive belt was a bit roughed up in places but was otherwise in good condition. Today, when we tried to put a load on, the motor on the washer started like normal and sounded like it was trying to do the usual fill up routine but the drum wasn't moving. I'm wondering if the carbon brushes have worn out trying to move the drum against the weight of the counterweight, that being what the smoke was? (which I thought smelled a bit like burning rubber I might add). Does anyone know what the problem might be? We really cant afford a new one for the time being so I'm hoping we can get this going again.

Thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back