Indesit WIXE127UK Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Firstly im new to the forum my name is Andy i have registered today as i have a problem with my washing machine. My washing machine as stated in the title is the Indesit Wixe127. Whats happening is that it runs from the start as normal. It then stops when its draining and flashes with a F-02 error. I looked up this error and it states that its a motor fault. As said the motor turns with no problems no strange noises and is nice & free. However the Drain pump motor is noisy and coincidently when this starts to do its thing this is when the machine faults out.

I have taken he top & rear covers off and checked that all connections are connected. I have taken the water pump motor out the fins are all good. However i noticed that the pump motor does not turn like a normal motor it kinda moves in 1/4 turns and is jerky and takes a little effort to overcome the jerkyness (not like lots of effort but its certainly not free).

I have found a replacement water pump online and was wondering if anyone can tell me if this could be the cause of my troubles.

Thanks for reading and for any advice you can offer
Andy

Sponsored Links
Nothing is wrong with the pump it's Surposed to be like that. Check motor brushes poss worn otherwise pcb is history.

Righty,

The lights on the front are flashing like disco lights that seems to be a common fault on that board according to EMW. It seems an easy fix as i have had it out and had a look etc. So that will be my first place maybe? Ill check the brushes in the motor does the motor need to come right out or is there easy access to them?

Easy to remove the motor just 2 bolts and a plug for wires.

Sponsored Links
cool PCB is on the desk just now motors gettin it tomorrow icon_smile.gif. Where best to get replacement brushes?

motor got it lol. Brushes have plenty on them. So PCB then? Ill order tomorrow (tuesday) if your pretty sure thats the problem :)

PCB en route.

Was thinking while looking at the old PCB it has a wee bit of carbon dust on it like threads of it running between the various bits n bobs. could this cause a short?

No , it's just static dust one of the components on the board has failed.

ok no problem thanks for your help hopefully this will solve it. it has been flickering for weeks but only threw up an error on Saturday

Rocks,

Just a quick message to say thanks thats it sorted PCB it was :) £60 fix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back