Indesit WIXXE 127 Washing Machine Clicking Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Indesit WIXXE 127 Washing Machine which has begun to make a clicking sound during the cycle.

It seems to have started since washing a bath rug (on its own). The machine tried to spin the rug and I think it must have still been heavy with water as it caused the machine to vibrate a lot, move forwards slightly from its position under the counter and make quite a bit of noise. The machine did complete the end of the cycle (including the final spin once it had drained more water).

Since then there seems to be an intermittent clicking noise during the wash and spin cycles. The machine is showing no fault codes and apart from the noise it functions as normal.

When the machine is not running and I manually spin the drum you can't hear the click. If you push the drum backwards and forwards then you can. The noise seems to be coming from towards the top(?) left of the machine as you look at it.

The machine is about 2 years and 3 months old, though my good wife tells me she thinks she uses it approx 12 times a week (so I suppose it real age is a fair bit higher!).

I have watched various online videos but can't seem to find an exact match.

Can anyone advise me on whether or not I should do anything about the noise? (or just take my chances and leave it to run). Is the machine likely to be safe with this clicking (I don't mind risking it dying if that's the sensible option, but I don't want to gamble if it may go up in flames). Does this point towards a certain part that needs changing? If so, is this a straight forward fix I can attempt myself.

The machine has a valid parts guarantee, but Indesit charge a call out of £110. Given how much usage I have had from the machine and that it would likely cost approx twice as much to buy a new machine, I don't see value in getting them in.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to give me any advice on this.

Sponsored Links
Firstly, thanks to those who have taken the time to read this post.

Having not had any suggestions on here I took to trying to take the machine apart to see if I could locate the source of the noise. I was able to remove the top and back part of the machine.

From there I couldn't see exactly where the noise was coming from but did note that if I pushed the drum to the right of the machine (as you look at it from the front) I could not get it to click/tap. Pushing it the other way seemed to make it worse. Adjusting the legs of the machine was not sufficient to tip the drum far enough to stop it clicking/tapping though.

I assume that something has made its way out of the drum so I assume I need to remove that. I assume to do that I need to remove the front panel, but I didn't want to get to that last night as I wasn't completely sure if this would achieve anything as it looks like the tub which contains the drum is welded togther, so I doubt I'd be able to open it up anyway?

If something is caught in there, is there any way to get it out? If not how much does buying a replacement tub cost and how hard would this be to replace?

Is it worth trying to replace it or should I just let it run in the hope that whatever it is doesn't do damage?

Any advice would be gratefully received as I am keen to save myself the expense of a call out and to learn something for when this or the next washing machine plays up on me again.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back