inheriting a texecom alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have a Texecom Premier 24 with two remote keypads (hallway and garage, treated as separate areas).

It started to go off in the middle of the night. IIRC it was being tripped by one of the garage sensors.

Our alarm company came out and disabled the garage zones. The alarm still kept going off at random times. They eventually decommissioned the whole alarm. It was decided that one of the cables running to the garage might be faulty but nevertheless it would be worthwhile replacing the Mobo first. The mobo was last replaced 5 years ago when we switched to them from another firm.

I have since found the break in the cable.

TBH I don't have a lot of confidence in the firm and I am interested in maintaining the alarm myself.

I don't have the engineer code so I will be reseting back to factory defaults and then reprogramming it.

I am not convinced that the mobo needs replacing. Is it worthwhile buying the USB Com cable and Wintex software to test it? Does Wintex have diagnostic capabilities? If the Mobo is Ok I would probably rather use the PC to program it rather than one of the keypads.

As a novice, are there any 101/schoolboy errors that I need to be aware of when re-commisioning the system. (it has been powered down for about 4 months, the back up battery was replaced earlier this year).

I am not bothered about the alarm being Nacoss accredited/monitored anymore, and will probably just get the elite com2400 to text me in the event of a zone tripping.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If its a pre elite 24 then I would upgrade it anyway for the price of the panel, everything else will still work with it.

If the NVM is locked then the panel would not default, I would opt for a ip module connected so you can access it from anywhere rather than having it on a lead every time you want to connect.

maybe I am having a blonde moment but what do you mean by MOBO.

Mobo ? Lol.... It's either an elite or a 48 upwards as the old 24 didn't have areas... Unless they use the part sets

Sponsored Links
treated as separate areas doesn't mean they are area A and B, the programming for the Premier 24 is significantly different to 48 and the elite although there are similarities in most things.

Don't see the point of defaulting the entire panel though if you don't have to either way.

did google it then trying to work out why they swapped a music of black origin award.

MOBO motherboard now educated in this context

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back