Inline, Ceiling or Wall Bathroom Fan?

A certificate should be issued for all electrical work.

I'd have thought an electrician would be a good bet, but chances are any tradesman could do it. An electrician would be able to test and give a minor works certificate, but since it's likely to be not notifiable work depending where they tap in for the power supply it's not necessary.

Can I just check, is it only an electrician that can issue a minor works certificate for the installation of the electrics for the inline fan - or can potentially any tradesman?

Sponsored Links
Anybody can sign anything. When doing so, they are taking responsibility for the work and (in the case of standard form electricial Certs) they are certifying that the work they have done complies with the relate to standards.

Your problem may be getting a general tradesperson who knows what BS7671 is and to put their parts on the block.

Apologies. It's in part L, not F. And looks like the reg has been watered down from a MUST to a SHOULD…

••••In a room with no openable window (i.e. an internal room) an intermittent extract fan should have a 15 minute overrun.
  1. Part L is still about conservation of fuel and power, not ventilation.
  2. Part F has never said that you must have a fan with an overrun.
  3. Even if it said must, the compulsion would be for an overrun, not what makes the fan come on in the first place.
  4. You aren't quoting from the Building Regulations, are you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back