Inserting a drain inlet in 4" soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm renovating our ensuite bathroom.

I am installing a wetroom and need to create a lower point of entry into the soil down pipe. As you can see in the photo, the bottom of the pipe is encased in concrete (I live in a three storey apartment block). I will be removing the concrete as that covers the area where I will need to break into the drain.

What is the best way of doing this?

See attached photo

Thanks

Sponsored Links
SDS drill on chisel.

Does that stack serve nyone else or is this a cross your fingers job :mrgreen:

Sorry mate, I should have been clearer.

I'm gonna break out the concrete with my SDS, what I meant is how do I put in a new drain inlet into that down pipe?

The pipe also serves the apartment above, but I'll talk to them before I do any work on it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Depends what size pipe you wish to join. 110mm will need a junction, otherwise if using 32-50mm waste, then fit a short boss pipe and connect using appropriate boss and boss adaptor. I would take the opportunity to remove that (dead?) junction while your at it. May have to replace the existing boss pipe in the pic though as well, think you'll struggle to graft anything in with that in situ.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back