installing rcd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an 8.5 kw shower and a 40amp rcd how do you wire the rcd from the consumer unit to the rcd then to the shower thanks

Sponsored Links
i have an 8.5 kw shower and a 40amp rcd how do you wire the rcd from the consumer unit to the rcd then to the shower thanks
Like this:

1. Notify your LABC of the work, as required by part P of the Building Regulations.

2. Read and absorb the contents of BS7671, or an equivalent standard for electrical installations.

3. Install your RCD and shower circuit in accordance with what you've just learned.

4. Test your installation.

5. Install the shower, energise the circuit and commission the shower.

Like this:

1. Notify your LABC of the work, as required by part P of the Building Regulations.

2. Read and absorb the contents of BS7671, or an equivalent standard for electrical installations.

3. Install your RCD and shower circuit in accordance with what you've just learned.

4. Test your installation.

5. Install the shower, energise the circuit and commission the shower.
Stop being so f***ing unhelpful. :LOL:

Do you really mean an RCD?
What is the size of protective device (fuse or contact breaker) for the cable
What size cable (if any) is in place between the consumer unit and the shower position?

Complete answers will help the next round of 'advice'

Sponsored Links
Call in a qualified professional electrician to do the installation work, and certify the work in accordance with Part P.

Water and electricity do not mix, and the slightest mistake can either kill you or cause serious injuries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back