Installing recessed lights in bedroom!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am having trouble fitting downlights to my bedroom ceiling. The lights are installed, it\\\'s just the wiring part i need help with.Here\\\'s what was originally fitted...
One bedroom,One light,One single lightswitch.(Red,Black with Red sleeve,Earth)
I would like to fit a double switch in place of the single switch and control my downlights with one switch and the original light with the other.
Can somebody help me with wiring diagrams, information, knowledge(can it be done) :confused:

Sponsored Links
Of course it can be done but you are looking in the wrong place.

Can you tell us how many cables go to the connection plate in the ceiling light. You need to find the live and neutral feed for the lights and they are (sometimes) there.

Look at page 1 of the WIKI - it will show u how its done.

There is no neutral at your light switch. You will need to run a new cable from the light switch to wherever your lighting feed is accessible but you need to find it first!

Thanks for your reply!
I decided to leave it to a sparky as i am very uncertain about electrics!
Thanks again for your reply - Very much appreciated!!

Blueworm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back