Installing sliding doors with no ceiling to attach to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SWMBO wants sliding wardrobe doors in a room with a high vaulted ceiling. With no flat ceiling to attach to, do I just build a frame of say, 4x2 planed, and hang them off that?

Sponsored Links
Probably.

If you don't have a ceiling to the wardrobe, dust will float in and settle on the clothes.

It will have a top. But what I dont have is a solid set of rafters to "hang" it all from

Sponsored Links
Most sliding wardrobe doors I've seen run on floor runners so nothing to hang as such. As suggested already just a reasonably substantial frame to stop the top flexing and a top cover to stop dust settling.

Ah OK - for some reason I imagined them running suspended from the top rather than from the floor. Thanks a lot.

Probably depends where you buy them. Got mine from Homebase a few years ago so based my comments on those.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back