Installing UK purchased boiler abroad

It was only a short while ago you were working without being registered, pot kettle black comes to mind Telly Tony

Sponsored Links
We fitted some UK bought boilers abroad but we squared it off / had permission from the manu ;)

was not Vaillant & it was in spain

Poland dunno as I would want to fit a boiler out there , to close to the Russian border , trouble kicks off & u

get taken prisoner by them Russians :eek:

diet of cabbage soup & pickles in some gulag in Siberia :eek: + being tortured 240 v through the nuts & u would confess to any thing

even worst u may end up having to bed down with one of them X weight lifting/shot puter type Russian woman

:eek:

:) :)

even worst u may end up having to bed down with one of them X weight lifting/shot puter type Russian woman

Transam, what do you mean having to bed down..............she would be on top and you would be squirming me thinks :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I was paid by the owner to inspect the cylinder.

I don't like meeting unqualified installers!

Tony

But you were there as how did you put it, lacking in the skills to read the technical manual.....

There's every chance that the boiler/instal may well not need the two port, depends on what controls were being installed and whom the manufacturer of the cylinder was.
If you were there as an inspector for the cylinder you'd also be aware that there are other means to comply with building regs part g section 3 that don't require the use of a two port valve!

The sooner the frequent visitors realise that agile is out of his depth on most subjects, and stop thinking his need to constantly reply with dangerous and unsound advice is the gospel, the safer this industry will be!!!!

Before I advised the owner, I did check with Viessmann just to be sure, and as I expected they agreed that the two port is required to meet the G3 requirements.

What's does building regs G3.18 say about whether a two port is required to meet the regs??????

Pretty sure you can wire the boiler live wire through the overheat stat on the cylinder and still comply? You need to isolate the heat source.. No power means no heat. A zone valve (must be spring return) obviously does this. But I have often thought... What if it's passing? The mains through the stat is a more reliable method really.

The Viessmann fellow was adamant that it was required for any unvented not made by Viessmann and even showed me their layout diagram with it.

Viessmann don't write the building regs.
Just one example of compliance if you use their own 4 pipe boiler/controls and cylinder NTC it's not needed in their own spec.
The requirement is simple, under overheat the heat source is to be removed, lots of ways this can be achieved without a two port.

He showed you their layout.....you making video calls nowadays, or did you Skype them. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back