Insulation between desk and radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this so apologies if not. I have a wooden desk with computer equipment on it in a very cramped room and have nowhere else to put it; unfortunately, it partly overlaps with a radiator and has to be in close proximity to it. There's no alternative to this in terms of the space available, and as it's starting to get colder soon I'll need to switch the radiator on again. I can't get permission from my landlord to actually move the radiator or replace it with a smaller vertical one, and live in a tiny room as it is.

I was wondering whether there is any kind of insulation board or material I could safely put against the back of my desk between the radiator and the the desk (they're about the same height) to limit the amount of heat coming out the front of the radiator and protect the desk. As I understand it, the majority of heat comes out the top of the radiator anyway so this would allow the room to be heated whilst protecting furniture and equipment.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
a radiator cover? wooden panel?

if you want something that would properly insulate then get some 6mm supalux board.

Is this to keep the computer equipment cool? maybe fit a couple of 12v computer fans under the desk?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back