Insulation for solid walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, this is a question on the theme of solid wall insulation.
Situation is:
-Solid brick walled terrrace house
-Very cold
-Covered passage way down one side of house for access to back gardens (runs under our 2 bedrooms). 1 wall is ours, the other our neighbours.

My question is:
Could I attach 60mm of cellotex (or similar) to the wall in the covered passageway, covered then by ply/osb.

Its sheltered from the rain, and the ply/osb could be treated to ensure weatherability (if thats a word!).

Just thinking it could be easier than internally, and as I have 2 radiators on the passage way wall (inside!) could help create a heat store.....

Sponsored Links
In terms of insulation, it would work fine. You only need to worry about the practicalities of making a shared passage narrower - you may not have the right to do this as you would be encroaching on a space not solely owned by you.

In terms of insulation, it would work fine. You only need to worry about the practicalities of making a shared passage narrower - you may not have the right to do this as you would be encroaching on a space not solely owned by you.

Good point, I should have said that its a flying freehold, in that its my land, and I have to give right of way to my neighbours. I will of course measure to ensure wheelie bins and bikes can get down! If I dont this project could end up in DIY disasters!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back