Intellisense Securit 800 keypad advice sought.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, new to forum and seeking some advice on our house alarm. Moved in circa 10 months ago, the house is fitted with an Intellisense Securit 800l system. We were given the keypad code by the previous owners but I could never set the system with the number they gave and was assured by them that number was correct. I suspected there may have been a fault with one of the digits on the keypad as understand this can be an issue. So I ordered and fitted a replacement (I'm a diy bodger). Thought if I entered previous code we would be good to go but not the case. Also tried initial set up code given in the manual, again no joy. I'm not expecting anyone to divulge closely guarded trade secrets, just wondering if it is something easily sorted by calling in the professionals? Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers, Davy L.

Sponsored Links
First thing ....is it a 800l ? How many zones on the pcb ? As the early ones had 5 then 6 then 7 then 8....some of the 700l plus had 7 plus pa ..... if 8 zones and the keypad has 8 ok ....default the panel ....power down totally short the nvm link,on the pcb and repower ....code should be 1234 and 7890 engineer
Later versions only defaulted these codes and not the programming , so box it up reset with 1234 # and change your code with 1234 *91 and enter new code ....all done

Many thanks for your reply Sparkymarka. For sure 800l fitted. As suggested I removed front panel on pcb, found the 2 pins for memory 1, there was a small plug inside the pcb (presume for shorting out purposes as it fitted perfectly). I disconnected mains and battery power then fitted short circuit plug and repowered. Note on pcb said ensure short circuit plug removed before fitting front panel, so I did so and then refitted panel. Used engineer code to deactivate tamper alarm - all good so far. Entered 1234# to reset, then 1234*91 and new code, still no success as far as I can tell. Have I missed something? When I enter 1234 followed by * there is a beep from the keypad, is this normal? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
When changing code
Enter code number 1234 *91
The led's 1234 should be lit red
When you enter your new code as you enter the code the led's with turn off when you enter each number
Then try new code and you should get a setting tone from the keypad

Ok , when you powered up the panel did it go into alarm ? Did 1234 stop it ?

When I cut power, the alarm sounded until I powered up again, then sounder stopped without needing to touch keypad.

Engineer code working OK.

Just tried 1234*91 again, each digit beeps but 1234 do not change to red.

Do reset procedure again
1234 should turn the alarm off while sounding if reset correct
Do not change code until you no 1234 works

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. Similar situation here. We bought the house without any codes, and we didn't even intend on touching the system, but the tamper protection somehow got triggered during cavity wall insulation work a couple of weeks ago. It wouldn't time out but it eventually did after we switched the mains off. The tamper alarm then randomly came on again in the middle of the night but stopped quickly. Don't fancy having this again though so looking into sorting it all out. Obviously replacing the battery will be part of it.
default the panel ....power down totally
Do you mean switch mains off and remove battery, or is there something else to do?
Just tried 1234*91 again, each digit beeps but 1234 do not change to red.
Did you get it resolved in the end?

Also, I don't think this deserves a new thread, but opinions are welcome on whether it's even worth looking into ensuring the tamper alarm doesn't randomly come on again. TPR light is no longer lit up, and my working theory is that the protection was triggered by the movement of the beads during pumping first, and then again when the beads were settling down after a few hours (with temperature dropping etc). The insulation installers did not make the best impression so I'm not holding my breath for them helping with this, but if they have caused a fault then I probably would raise it with them. Are there any simple checks I can make? I'm conscious that large changes in temperature will trigger this again. I googled things like alarm tamper cavity wall insulation etc but didn't get any meaningful results, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Tamper switches are on all devices,like pir, bell box,keypad lid cover etc .
One of These could be loose or not fitted on correctly.and caused the tamper fault while drilling the walls.
Do not think you could lay the blame on them.
You can default the control panel back to factory set by placing the correct link on the reset pin within the control panel.you will then have to reprogram all the zone set up, entry exit timers, bell timer and codes.
The tamper fault could be a faulty device bell box, pir ?

The 800l should keep all the settings on a nvm reset apart from codes ....unless it's a really old 700l panel , I would look at the bellbox tamper first !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back