Intercom handset replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys first post here. I am in the middle of a major renovation of my flat and wanted to swap the intercom with a newer and smarter looking one. The old model is Videx smart 1 and would like to replace with fermax loft 3399. I have tried to follow the wiring diagrams and it actually works, however there is always a very very loud buzz which can be heard in the speaker in the handset and downstairs. PS I live in a block of flats.
20200613_095532.jpg
20200616_153952.jpg

Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Did it come with a conversion table ? Did you try turning down the internal volume controls

Sponsored Links
Did it come with a conversion table ? Did you try turning down the internal volume controls
Yes both volumes to lowest setting but still ridiculous buzzing noise. Concertion table came with the box. This is how I worked out which wire goes where. On the left old handset terminals and colours, on the right new handset terminals and colours (4 white and green) still no joy
20200616_215541.jpg

Oh sorry, yes I've tried both but there is always that buzz. If you send me how you would set it (which wire colour in which number slot + toggle switches) I will try again and let you know. Much appreciated

Your wiring config looks correct ....universal handsets are not guaranteed to work on every system ALLWAYS use the correct replacement handset and only use these as a last resort..also best practice is to use a pair if phone cable is used on the speech lines ...eg blue and white / white and blue for speech in /out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back