Intergas Heat Exchanger pressure drop vs others

50% of our intergas installs have had warranty calls within 2days.

Compare that to the hundreds of vaillants with as yet no issues.

The intergas isn't versitile or did something others can't

If you took the time to understand it you'd realise it can do a lot more than you think it can...unfortunately IG aren't very good at publicising this so you have to find out for yourself. As for your warranty issues, it sounds you've had a bad run for some reason, I've only ever had one need a call out

Sponsored Links
leaving aside the company/ after sales but

The intergas heat exchanger has got to be the most robust heat engine installed in a domestic boiler no 2 ways about it imho

And they are only probably only a hand full of manus who do not use predominantly plastic/composite components , rubber hoses , and jubilee type clips , to connect the heat exchanger to the manifolds :)

vaillant & viessmann, W.B combis ect build quality is not all it is cracked up to be

some of the engineering should be an embarrassment to em :) rubber & plastic engineering at its best :) :)

50% of our intergas installs have had warranty calls within 2days.

Compare that to the hundreds of vaillants with as yet no issues.

The intergas isn't versitile or did something others can't

If you took the time to understand it you'd realise it can do a lot more than you think it can...unfortunately IG aren't very good at publicising this so you have to find out for yourself. As for your warranty issues, it sounds you've had a bad run for some reason, I've only ever had one need a call out

I understand that, it's not a good water heater, it ain't a brilliant boiler, it might be alot of things in one case, but it's not the best at any of the bits it can do.
Average through the range, but like a combined tv/DVDs, washer/dryer, etc....never do either but brilliantly as its always a compromise.

I share your reservations and have put them to Dan. For me, with IG, it's about not having to s*** myself at the thought of a thermal fuse popping or HE rippling the day after a service and fingers pointing my way.

Sponsored Links
Old lanky dan wouldn't knowa good boiler If it hit him on the head. ;) he nearly though the isar was a good idea on Wednesday. Nuff said.

Servicing and blowing thermal fuses/rippled hex's.....I'd be more worried about scale, hot slug, and those cheap week little cooper bends failing.

My confidence in the product is unwavering and I think my views on the company are only slightly changed from a few years ago.

How many manufacturers reps will call you at 11pm to confirm the local stock levels of a product that was needed for 7:30 the next day?

Maybe those in the CC, but who else?

Lee's failure rate is very strange, although I did promise to summarise my warranty figures from Atmos days. . Will try and remember on Sunday when I'm in the office.

Old lanky dan wouldn't knowa good boiler If it hit him on the head. ;) he nearly though the isar was a good idea on Wednesday. Nuff said.

Servicing and blowing thermal fuses/rippled hex's.....I'd be more worried about scale, hot slug, and those cheap week little cooper bends failing.

No quite shorty :p

And you "nearly" agreed with me on the phone if you remember.

None of the issues you mentioned have occurred, or should occur if the boiler is set up properly. . Just got to remember the benchmark book dude ;)

I'd be more worried about scale, hot slug, and those cheap week little cooper bends failing.
Not me. Nearly all mine aren't combis. I won't be blamed for copper bends, easy to demonstrate. F76 and you get the usual 'Ok before you touched' bo******.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back