Iphone charging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago, I enabled the Optimised Charge Mode in my Iphone, which is supposed to help limit the charge put into the battery, to have a full charge only when needed. At the time I was simply leaving my phone on its home made charge stand, when not in use and not with me, out and about. The Optimised, didn't seem to make much difference, the phone when picked up always indicated 100%. The battery died, I had a new one fitted and was advised not to leave it always on charge, but how to remember?

More recently, I added a Smart Plug to switch the USB charger on and off. I began with it set to come on for an hour during the early hours. That produced 85 to 90% charge. I have increased the on time to two hours, which irrespective of the state of discharge on an evening, brings it to 95% by the time I pick it up next morning.

Basically the Optimisation does seem to do what it says on the tin, but it needs to be put on charge at a regular and predictable time, for it to work properly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back