Iroko appeal!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a small amount of iroko kitchen worktop. 650mm width x 40mm depth. Max 1m length (this would easily be enought).

I need to box in my boiler and didn't have enough from the worktop that I bought.

Does anyone have any offcuts I can buy, or failing that, where is the cheapest place I could buy a quantity like this.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Chris

Unfortunately solid wood worktops from different suppliers can look completely different and stand out like a sore thumb, so even if someone offers it may not look so good. Have you thought about getting a joiner to plane you up some iroko and using that instead?

Scrit

Hmm, didn't know this was an option. How much would I be looking at for this (ball park figure).

This is the 'hole' I need to cover (far right corner). Ignore the crap piled on top!

DSC00015.JPG

Well I currently pay less than £30/cube (cubic foot) + VAT for sawn 1in thick iroko, so it wouldn't be a killer, IMHO. If you were in the North I could plane you up a bity from my last plank of iroko (I still have the end of a plank 8in wide x 2-1/2in thick x 4 foot somewhere). Maybe if you rang around some of the local joiners you could scare-up some that way.

Personally, though, I'd just box in the boiler with painted MR-MDF then apply an iroko upstand all round - having a "solid" iroko corner box might just end up darkening the whole room and looking a bit oppressive

Scrit

Sponsored Links
hmmm, not bad idea, will have a think about that. thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back