Is fuse box ok in cloakroom with shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am new to this site, and sorry for any incorrect terms etc.
I am about to move into a new place, and the cloakroom has toilet/sink in it, with extractor fan too. The fuse box is located at the top of one of the walls, and I am planning to put an electric shower in there.

Would it be ok, with current regulations, to simply 'bos' the fuse box in, or would it need to be relocated to outside the room. It is a relatively new extension, and why they put the fuse box in there I will never know!

Thanks for having a quick read. If you need any further info from me please just say!

Tony

Sponsored Links
As long as the CU (fusebox) is going to end up in Z3 or out of zones, and the CU is suitable for the conditions that are likely to be found where it is (I wouldn't have though a CU would tolerate very much at all though) then it can say, best advice would be to have it moved though.

Can I ask whether your CU is actually an old style fusebox one, or a newer DIN rail based unit with MCBs?

And is this the main CU for the house, or is it a subboard just for the extension (flick the main isolator on it and see what goes off if you don't know :LOL: )

Thanks for the quick response adam.

Unfortuanaly I am not in the property just yet, and I am unsure of the exact type, but in my humble opinion it looks to be the main CU. I stand to be corrected though.
It seems if it has been put into a new extension (ie less than 5 yrs or so) it would probably be quite a new unit.

I dont understand the zone' references, sorry I am a total ignoramous!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Steam is likely to be a problem in this location, so I wouls advise against having a shower in the same room as a fuse board.
It is not designed to operated in such an enviroment.
As for the zones look in the Ref section at the top of this list or in you On Site Guide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back