Is Glue for Engineered Wood safe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a good quality engineered wood floor laid i downstairs bedroom. Most of the floor was an eco glue but it ran out and they couldnt wait for the new supply to be posted as the carpenter was booked next week so bought the second glue close to home for quickness and it has a strong odour. The logistics of it mean we cant have windows open at night and there is no fan -need to close the door to contain the dog who sleeps by bed. How long should we wait before using the room to sleep? I am thinking glue fumes affecting health especially our very small old dog?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Doubtful I would say, what was the glue? If you know the make/specification then you can probably download the COSSH data sheet.

Unless it's polyurethane glue, it's fine.
In fact, I used soudal p45 last week and there was no smell whatsoever, so they're improving things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back