Is it costly to move a drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking about getting an extension done but there's a drain where I'd like to extend out on (looks like a sewage drain as the pipe is from the toilet). Will it be costly to get this moved?

drain.jpg

The cream wall to the right is the back of my house (so I want to extend leftwards in the pic) and the wall at the back of the photo (white and black) is the neighbours wall. The house is a semi.

I've read that ti shouldn't be much as the foundation work has to be done anyway - but just want to double check.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Fist thing to check is where the drain run goes and if you have someplace to put the new manhole along that run.. also check number of connections coming into the manhole and the depth..

If you need to dog leg the run could end up needing a couple of manholes so price will reflect etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back