Is the Ideal Classic still an OK boiler?

Sponsored Links
The solo brain cell has just kicked in, it was badged as an express.

Space , Glowworm did with the spacesaver combi now that was a pile of sh#te too

ive never seen or heard of one. i will take your word on it.

I think you will also find there is still a Suprima HE based on the same idea as the Ideal classic of taking a solid cast iron desing and adding a recouperator.

I agree tht all the Baand Bs are stable, reliable and will keep going for years without any servicing.

Although most band As have proved very reliable their, combustion settings are still very sensitive and those with problems will need a 1 in 10 engineer who has a gas analyser to sort them out.

If I wanted a reliable boiler with the minimum of servicing, I would be choosing a Band B with a copper main HE and stainless recouperator.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Space , Glowworm did with the spacesaver combi now that was a pile of sh#te too

ive never seen or heard of one. i will take your word on it.

I think you will also find there is still a Suprima HE based on the same idea as the Ideal classic of taking a solid cast iron desing and adding a recouperator.

I agree tht all the Baand Bs are stable, reliable and will keep going for years without any servicing.

Although most band As have proved very reliable their, combustion settings are still very sensitive and those with problems will need a 1 in 10 engineer who has a gas analyser to sort them out.

If I wanted a reliable boiler with the minimum of servicing, I would be choosing a Band B with a copper main HE and stainless recouperator.

Tony

no. what i was getting at was that the classic combi was a cast iron blr converted to work as a combi. it needed lots of preheat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back