Is this acceptable from a central heating company?

I'd love to name and shame, just hope the central heating peeps don't post on here!!! :(

Well just who are they and whats their CORGI number?

Please put a little credibility into your story!

Its just possible from whats been said so far that you may be tenants from hell who are just out to make some money by pretending that all these things have happened! Are you now witholding rent? Thats a favourite tenants action!

I like to have a balanced view. So far we only have your side of the story posted without identifying yourself and from "somewhere" in the UK !!!

You can contact CORGI and ask if a boiler at the address has been notified to them. If not then give CORGI the name of the Agent and they will follow up the possibly unauthorised installer.

If you wont follow these things up then there is not point in bleating about it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Whose insurance paid out???

Unfortunately, as often seems to be the case the CORGI web site is not working so I cannot check the registration.

I will telephone if I have time tomorrow.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The number belongs to a Midlands based company.. I never put company details up for understandable reasons.. though you can check their details for yourself through the CORGI web site

I've ascertained that the boss is CORGI registered, but the company name who carried out the installation is different to the one he uses that CORGI no for. Hence I asked if anyone thought that was potentially dodgy.

It was the installers' insurance that paid out. We didn't have any contents ins. at the time due to only just moving in, we have now.

Forgive me, I can't tell if you're being aggressive or you want to help us?

Forgive me, I can't tell if you're being aggressive or you want to help us?

That was for Tony (agile) -- I'm struggling with why you might ring them tomorrow?

Got to understand...We see allsorts.. Most folk are nice, some are not

I would suggest that you contact CORGI and discuss this with them and see what they say

Got to understand...We see allsorts.. Most folk are nice, some are not

Thanks Corgigrouch.

I assure you we are "nice" and the issue with the heating has caused not only stress, but a few tears.

We pay our rent in full six month in advance, we're not shirking on it and we're otherwise happy with the house. Two fence panels came down a couple of weeks ago, we mentioned it to the letting agent and nothing happened, so OH put a new post in and two new panels at our own cost. We're not "tenants from hell" I assure you! :)

We've never rented before and we don't know how long we will be here for as we've got to sell my house to buy somewhere else. My house (up for sale) has got no heating at the moment, so I'm a bit sick of heating and I'm dreaming of PCBs and pressure release valves! :(

I've ascertained that the boss is CORGI registered, but the company name who carried out the installation is different to the one he uses that CORGI no for. Hence I asked if anyone thought that was potentially dodgy.

It rather sounds as if he has subcontracted the work.

Whose insurance paid you?

The CORGI site will still not enable me to do the search on that cORGI number.

Who did the installation work then?

Can you ask CORGI if the installation was notified to them?

Only YOU can complain about this to CORGI. We can tell you what you need to do but we cannot get you to do it!

Tony

I've already said, the installer's insurance paid out, i.e, the boss.

The CORGI number is registered to the boss of the company.

BUT Googling the CORGI number brings up the boss's name but a different company name to the one on the invoices/vans that came round to the house.

He tried to say the bloke who caused the damage to the house was a subcontractor and therefore tried to wriggle out of the insurance claim, but in the end the boss's insurance still paid out for the damage caused to our belongings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back