Is this new toilet installation workable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have space for a second toilet in my hall against my bathroom wall. I should be able to drill through the wall and run the waste pipe behind the bath itself.

Then, I'd have to drill through the external wall, fit a right angle connector, to take the w. pipe outside. The w. pipe would go down the wall to below ground level where there would have to be another angled connector to take the w. pipe across to tap into a w.pipe from the existing bathroom toilet.

The down length of waste pipe would be on view outside, of course, but I could box it in.

Would I need a stench pipe? We're on a septic tank which has its own ventilation outlet.

I'd value advice on this project, please.

Sponsored Links
You will need BCO approval for U/G alterations and possibly a soil pipe or sub stack.

Give them a shout first. :D

Okay, I'll give our local BCOa ring. Thanks for letting me know that.

Having said that, it's just occurred to me that it may be possible to bring the waste pipe out of the external wall and then swing it across about 8 ft to the base of the existing stench pipe. A connection at just above ground level would be a lot easier than my first idea.

Would this be permitted, do you think?

Get the fall right (20 mm to 90 mm per metre)and allow for a rodding point in case of blockages and you should be ok.

Worth taking a drawing in to BCO who will give it the once over. :D

Sponsored Links
Consider using a macerator, it'll be a lot less hassle...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back