Is this OK to do?

Sponsored Links
And no overcurrent protection? :eek:

If you mean a fuse then yes, the circuit has it's own fuse box, which from what I can see feeds into the circuit breaker. Or it could be the other way around!?

All this is seperate from the main fusebox.

If you mean a surge protector, then I'm not so sure. I always make sure any electrical equipment (TV/Hi-Fi/360 etc) is on an extension cable that has a surge protector built into it.

Little update here:-

I tested the earlier mentioned circuit breaker to make sure all was well.

Well, it worked, and remember the triple plugs I talked about? They were knocked out, as expected when I tripped the switch.

However, the two other sockets in the same room (one double, one single) were still on! So they must be on the main ring (or radial because they only have one cable going into them so they are either on a spur or we have a radial circuit).

Anyway, the three double sockets are on their own seperate circuit, completely seperate from everything else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back