Is tile paint any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
really regret not tiling the wall just had floor done and thought the floor was a close enough match to top light green but the more prominent green is so ugly I hate it and now I'm wondering it this tile paint is any good?

http://www.diy.com/departments/pain...int-stains-varnishes/tile-paint/DIY655635.cat

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/dulux-jade-white---tile-paint---600ml-215780

Or others you have used and can recommend ??

Alternatively I'll wait to see if I can get a job lot of unwanted ceramic wall tiles some point and tile on top of tiles I heard that's OK to do???

But gutted I was so tight to not just get whole thing done :(
Pocket was hurting from floor tiles though spent £200 on 5sm and £400 labour for tiling and sink toilet shower curtain fit too

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,025
Sponsored Links
Hi all

Any advice on this question please?

And also if it's ok to tile over existing at some point?

Tile paint does work, but it will always look like tiles with paint over them. It is far less durable than the original tiles and will get chipped/scratched after a while and look terrible.

Tiles can be applied over other tiles, assuming the existing tiles are securely fixed and subject to the weight of the new + old tiles, what the wall background is etc. Backer boards could be fixed over the existing and tiled over. In any event it won't be particularly cheap, and it is rather unlikely that you will find a whole rooms worth of 'unwanted' tiles.

You'd be surprised what batches become available in east London ;)

Should be able to tile over as it strong walls and only ceramic wall

I've read reviews of the tile points and people are saying good things but maybe after a whilse it starts to look bad as you said hmmmmm,not sure what to do

Sponsored Links
Tile paint always looks dreadful, for as long as it stays on. I'd put it fairly high on the list of "don'ts".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back