Isar HE 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had this boiler installed about 8 months ago and I have just started using the central heating for the first time.
It seems to function very well but I have noticed that during our first cold snap when I have gone to the bathroom in the early hours of the morning that the rads are quite hot even though the timer is in the off mode and not due to come on till 7-30am.
I have read somewhere that in cold weather the unit strikes up for ten minutes to keep something in the boiler hot. Is this whats happening now or is it a fault.
Having read the reviews I am not filled with confidence.
Also the boiler is installed in the false roof of our bungalow and I have already had to go up to relight it once which at 74 years of age i dont want to be doing too often. Could a feed from terra firma to the reset be used to counter this?

Sponsored Links
The diverter valve will be seized in between heat and hw meaning the preheat will be heating up the rads.
Is your water not as warm as normal too as this is another sign of same thing!

boiler has inbuilt frost protection this will be cutting in on a night if in roof space i would imagine.this will fire boiler for a short while till flow reaches temp

Do you have a honeywell wireless roomstat/timer?

Sam

Sponsored Links
boiler has inbuilt frost protection this will be cutting in on a night if in roof space i would imagine.this will fire boiler for a short while till flow reaches temp

Never known Ideal to have built in frost stat :eek: When was this introduced then :?:

Do you have a honeywell wireless roomstat/timer?

Sam

Yes we do. One has a red light that flashes when setting the temperature on the dial, and there is also a box that flashes green when the heating is activated.

yep isar shows a p when in frost protection mode.as far as i am aware they all have.but ideal state it only covers boiler not pipework

yep isar shows a p when in frost protection mode.as far as i am aware they all have.but ideal state it only covers boiler not pipework

Having listened to all your comments im happy that it is the frost stat kicking in and not a fault.
I left the room stat at 22c last night and after a mild rainy night the rads were stone cold before the timer switched on at 7-30 am.
Thanks to all for your very helpfull comments :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back