ISAR HE30 BOILER PROBS!!

cla

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I RECENTLY HAD A NEW BOILER FITTED AN ISAR HE30...MY CENTRAL HEATING IS OK, SO FAR (AFTER READING SOME COMMENTS UNDOUBTEDLY THIS WILL NOT LAST)....BUT IT IS MY HOT WATER THAT I AM EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH. DOWNSTAIRS THE HW IS FINE, UPSTAIRS WHEN I TURN THE TAP ON THE WATER IS PIPING HOT FOR A FEW SECONDS, THEN IT JUST GOES LUKE WARM, ALSO THE WATER IS VERY CLOUDY WHICH DOES EVENTUALLY RUN CLEAR AFTER A WHILE!...I ALSO NOTICE THAT ON THE DISPLAY, WHEN THE HW IS RUNNING THE LETTER 'd' APPEARS ON THE BOILER DISPLAY..I HAVE LOOKED IN THE MANUAL BUT THERE IS NO INFORMATION ON THIS LETTER?!!....COULD ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO?...I COULD JUST CALL IDEAL, IF I HAVE A SPARE FEW HOURS TO GET THROUGH TO THEM !!.....BUT I HAVE LITTLE FAITH IN THEM!....I CALLED THEM OUT NOT LONG AGO AND IT TOOK ME FOUR ATTEMPTS AND ROUGHLY AN HOUR AN A HALF ON HOLD WAITING FOR THEM TO ANSWER THE PHONE!!.....ANY ADVICE ON THE HW SITUATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.....CLAIRE

Sponsored Links
Don't panic!!

The "d" on the display is simply informing you that the boiler is providing domestic hot water. The water temperature is dependant on the flow of hot water being used (and hence the flow of cold water entering the boiler) Initially the water will be very hot (If the central heating is running) then you will find that the water cools somewhat as the boiler switches over to hot water mode and then it should warm gradually as the boiler catches up with demand.. The water will be hotter if a sink tap is on than if a bath tap is on simply because the boiler has a limited amount of time to heat the water (less flow means the water is in the heat exchanger for longer and can heat up more)..This is the limiting factor of a combi.. The cloudiness is nothing to worry about and is normal. I recently attended a Worcester service course and this issue was brought up and the egg head from worcester claimed that it was the plate heat exchanger that caused this "cleaning itself from limescale" Sounded like total hogwash to me as he couldn't explain it further. If you feel that the water output is grossly inadequate then there may be a problem so have a word with your installer and ask him to check the boiler output and delta T (Temperature rise)

TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF :eek:

What did you have fitted before the Isar, a standard boiler and HW cylinder?

If so you would have probably been used to turning your bath tap on full to get enough water out as it is upstairs.

Now you have a combi the faster the hot water comes out, the cooler the hot water will be.

It may be a simple case of that now all your hot taps are on mains pressure you will have to get into the habit of running your bath tap slower.

Your installer should have explained all this to you though.

Kitchen taps and sink/basin taps will always perform better as they are connected with 15mm pipes, whereas old gravity hw systems will have the bath tap on 22mm which combi's don't like.

Cloudy hot water is nothing more than he oxygen in it,nothing to do with a plate heat exchanger cleaning itself.

Sponsored Links
Missed that bit, cloudiness clearing from bottom upwards = air bubbles, very common on combis' especially Isars, clearing from top downwards, some type of sediment.

Cloudy hot water is nothing more than he oxygen in it,nothing to do with a plate heat exchanger cleaning itself.

I'd be more inclined that it is air and other gasses that have been compressed into the water at the treatment plant (a bit like carbon dioxide bubbles in a bottle of pop) "Fizzing" out of the water when it is heated.. We did challenge the Worcester guy but he refused to budge on his explanation.

Firstly I apologise for not taking my Caps Lock Key off. Thank you for all your replies, they are very much appreciated. I have just turned the taps on upstairs but not to full flow and the water does appear to be warmer. Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back