Isar HE30 problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I was asked to help a friend out who has no heating or hot water due to H9 and L9 error codes on the boiler. This boiler is out of warranty and has had a catalogue of faults including flooding the kitchen.

We looked up the fault in the manual to find that we needed to check the resistance of the dry fire thermistor - after getting a reading of 885 ohms it was decided that this neede replacing. I can find plenty of spares for this boiler, along with many complaints but no dry fire thermistors. Any ideas or suppliers would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
H9, L9 Fault are a bloody nightmare with this boiler. Its due to the heat exchanger over heating. More often than not it's caused by air in your heat ex an/or the pump being jammed. I've had the damn things come out the box and flash this as soon as you fir it up' Have you tried manually spinning the pump to check for free rotation? :evil: Bloody far from IDEAL

Thanks for that - hopefully this will fix the problem, if it doesn't then its not too expensive a mistake :)

Sponsored Links
:LOL: No probs. Thats how IDEAL deal with problems anyway, just keep swapping the parts till it works. lol

Actually bummerman we don't.
And if you read the commissioning procedures, you know that massive sticker on the front of the boiler, you would see it advises you to spin pump as it could be stuck due to sitting on the shelf for a couple of months with water in it.
Back to l9 h9 check your flow and return temps with all rads turned off except the bypass if you have one! It may be bypass to small or restricted flow. Fit an external auto bypass should be no problems with that

shambolic i assume you work for ideal?.was hoping the isar with the new water set in was going to be a lot better but apparently not had 3 die this week any comments out of interest how you have found them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back