Isolating valve question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm fitting a new basin and mixer tap in a small cloakroom.
I want to include isolating valves on both hot and cold feeds.
can I add a standard isolating valve (Toolstation cat. No. 36879)onto the end tail of the flexible tap connectors or do I need to use a service valve (Toolstation cat. No. 44747)?
Thanks for your help.
David

Sponsored Links
can I add a standard isolating valve .......onto the end tail of the flexible tap connectors or do I need to use a service valve

Either supply pipework to service valve then short length of copper to flexi or service valve or flexi with isolator incorporated.

If you connect the iso direct to the flexi, the socket on the iso may cut into the washer on the flexi - it's designed to compress the olive and has a (relatively) sharp edge.

Alternatively, fit this into the iso then onto your flexi - Toolstation item 14081

Hi,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
The items you recommended from Toolstation can they be directly fixed to a service valve or would I need to solder them to a short length of copper?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back