Isolation Valve on Led Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to replace the tap and install an isolation valve without touching the led pipework.

Can anyone tell me if there are isolation valves that mate with a thread as seen in the pic?

The idea is to go Tap > tap tails > isolation valve > existing reducer thread.

Would a compression fitting work?

Thanks
Ben

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
I don't think you can use compression fittings on lead pipe - and anyway you'd surely be well advised to get rid of the lead pipes. If one of those pipes is used to supply drinking or cooking water, you're putting lead into your bodies all the time.

1. Those threaded adaptors look like 1/2" BSP thread. If the diameter measured (accurately) across the threads is almost 21 mm (20.99) they are almost certainly 1/2" BSP.
2. If they are 1/2" BSP you could use a pair of service valves such as Screwfix item 58008 to go from the 1/2" to a compression fitting, and if necessary a pair of adaptors such as Screwfix 2665R (fitted to the compression end) to go onto the tap tails (assuming these are 1/2" BSP female). Note that the service valves would be the "wrong" way round in terms of flow, but this shouldn't matter. Whether the tap's flexi hoses would fit without distortion given the additional parts installed I couldn't say.
3. Ideally you would have the lead pipework replaced for the reasons outlined by ChrisJP above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back