Jamming front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our 6 year old Anglian front door is starting to catch on the frame above the lock. Checking with a spirit level the frame but not the door is vertical. I guess that I need to adjust the hinges to straighten it up. But each butt hinge has 6 hex nuts to choose from (plus a 7th small one). Can anyone send a link to online instructions or tell me which to adjust please?

Sponsored Links
If only 6 years old why not contact Anglian and get them to come and adjust it for you? That said a picture would help as Anglian used lots of styles of hinges over the years

Anglian were not very helpful - out of guarantee and no we cannot supply any technical information
Photos attached first from inside door closed, second from outside and open

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 42
Anglian were not very helpful
The bigger the name the less they give a sh.. I'm sure they would have been happy to sell you a new door though!

Take a photo down the top hole, and also a photo of where it is catching

Sponsored Links
Ok, notice those 2 round gold in colour circles with a dot on them, put an Allen key it them preferably a T handle type for better leverage and on the top hinge turn them so the hinge pin moves away from the locking side, you might have to creep the pin over with a small turn of both a bit at a time, keep checking the door for clearance and for locking when adjusting

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back