jib card

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been told that becouse i dont have a nvq level 3 i cant register with jib ,i am a spark and qualified in 87,but for the past 7 years been doing domestic and believe you cant gain the nvq on just domestic work anyone enlighten me or guide thanks

Sponsored Links
1.3 Electrician
Qualification and Training

Must satisfy the following conditions:-

(1) Must have been a registered Apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of training and have had adequate practical training in electrical installation work.

(2) Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent) - see Note 1.

(3) Must have obtained a pass in the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part 2 Course Certificate or the EAL Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (500/3526/5) (or approved equivalent).

Note 1: If the applicant meets the other two criteria but has not achieved an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation, then a "Provisional" grading may be awarded if the following criteria are both satisfied:

(a) have obtained at least the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part 2 Course Certificate or EAL Doploma in Electrotechnical Services (500/3526/5) (or approved equivalent)

(b) have obtained Achievement Measurement 2 or must be able, with the application for Grading and any other relevant supporting evidence (i.e. the City & Guilds Electricians Certificate) which may be required, to satisfy the Grading Committee of his experience and suitability.

Duties

Must be able to carry out electrical installation work efficiently in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current I.E.E. Regulations for Electrical Installations, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.

You can jet a jib card as a labourer :evil: My C&G 2330 level 3 dosn't mean nothing to them but I belive they grade you on competence. I think if you can cat references they might grade you as a sparky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back