job rates in london

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. Im based in london.

Ive read job adverts for ph jones and other such big firms paying 28k a year for experienced boiler repairers!! seaflame offering up to 13 quid for a boiler service. Is this taking the mick!!!

Whats the going rate for boiler servicing with these social housing contractors? seems like 30k a year is top end then all that call out crap on top of that.
Ive been quite for the past 2 months self employed but to work 45 hrs a week plus call out for the rates that are out there is insulting!!!!

Seems baxi and vailliant pay well with normal 9-5 but thats about it!!shocking. I may not be earning very much being self employed at the mo but its better then the crap these firms are offering!!!

Sponsored Links
I'm in Herts and our service boys are getting £20/service as subbie on a social housing contract.

Sponsored Links
You must be having a larf! We *might* sell 3 per year. Mainly tire kickers.

To the un named OP.

Questions about earnings are best asked in the closed Combustion Chamber part of this site rather than this public plumbing advice part.

Tony

This isn't the place to talk turkey

Only to say that as with all Council/Housing Association Contracts the Contractor's margins are very tight but all of your calls should be within a fairly small radius so you have to weigh up what you will earn per job over how many jobs can you do? ;)

One of the CC members tried that kind of work for a while and the problem was not how many he could do in a day but getting anyone to answer the door and let him in to do the work.

Tony

What do you expect for being on the cards? The company has to make money as well as pay you.

Not everyone wants to be SE, they like to know that they have a wage coming in each month etc.

Why does it matter to you anyway if your already SE and making money?

In reply to Agile's post - thats why contract work is usually paid per Boiler NOT per Hour!!

I can remember a housing estate in Colchester I spent all day knocking a pre-arranged appointments in one road. Out of about 120 houses I only got into 3,

Turns out to be a sunny day and they'd all b******d off to the beach :rolleyes:

You managed to knock on 120 doors and service 3 boilers in one day? :eek:

All the rest ''gawn daan Saafend to get some currant bun mate!''

One of the CC members tried that kind of work for a while and the problem was not how many he could do in a day but getting anyone to answer the door and let him in to do the work.

Tony

Dunno if you were thinking of me in this instance but I did bring that subject up a while ago. Now doing similar work but for a medium to large firm, altho it's a lot better as it's not social/council housing and, as such, people are in when they're supposed to be. Only getting about 2 NAs a week. So, yeah, stay away from the social stuff as this time of year you'll be lucky to make 60 a day. Whereas most of the larger firms that do breakdown/servicing contracts have plenty of servicing work on due to the long winter causing a backlog as everyone was shifted onto breakdowns i guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back