just a question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a ideal classic boiler with a hot water cylinder and pump in the airing cupboard and 1 big tank and 1 smaller tank in the loft just out of curiosity how would you know if the boiler was over heating?

Sponsored Links
the hot water cylinder and pump are in the airing cupboard the boiler is in the garage

nicky33 said:
just out of curiosity how would you know if the boiler was over heating?
Just out of curiosity? I think there's more to it than that. Tell us the symptoms.

Sponsored Links
when we have the heating on and the room thermostat reaches tempreture the whole system switches of including the pump is this normal

The small tank is your Feed and Expansion Tank which should have a copper pipe over the top of it ( this is your vent pipe). If the vent pipe is discharging continously into the F&E tank then that could be a problem with your boiler overheating.

so if it were doing that does that mean that water would be coming out of the pipe outside?

nicky33 said:
so if it were doing that does that mean that water would be coming out of the pipe outside?
Not usually, because the volume of water in the closed system doesn't change, it just moves around more than it ought to.

I went to an overheating boiler today!

A Polish plumber had fitted an unvented cylinder in the loft and in redoing the pipework managed to reverse the flow through the boiler.

The boiler temperature sensing was then on the return and doing little!

Tony

Agile said:
A Polish plumber had fitted an unvented cylinder in the loft and in redoing the pipework managed to reverse the flow through the boiler.
How do you know he/she was Polish?

And even if you do, why is it relevant?

For example, I've never seen you refer to an English plumber as an English plumber. Does this mean that you're just a bigoted and prejudiced t*sser?

Softus said:
How do you know he/she was Polish?

He left his card :LOL:

Polish%20Plumber.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back