Kamco power flush - Warning stay clear of 2nd hand machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just brought a 2nd hand C30 kamco power flush machine. Their website claims there is free training but it appears if the previous owner has registered the serial number then no one else is entitled to training. What a mean spirited "computer says no!" bunch of people Kamco is.

Bottom line is don't buy a 2nd hand Kamco power flush without checking the serial number is valid for training.

Sponsored Links
As far as i was aware Kamco do not sell 2nd hand machines.
If you purchased a 2nd hand machine direct from them then knowing how helpful Kamco are I am sure you would get the training.
If you bought it 2nd hand from flebay or wherever why should you get free training.

Just to make it clear i do not think Kamco are a nasty company, they make great products at reasonable prices and their service is excellent. I only think they are being slightly short sighted, as a customer is still a customer, alexmiles is now no longer a customer so over the next X amount of years they have lost out.

Just to make it clear i do not think Kamco are a nasty company, they make great products at reasonable prices and their service is excellent. I only think they are being slightly short sighted, as a customer is still a customer, alexmiles is now no longer a customer so over the next X amount of years they have lost out.

Alex never was their customer!

But they would give him training at their standard charge of about £30.

To be honest they used to give free training!

I would almost think that if Alex at Kamco read this he might even offer a free training just to show how nice he is. But he mostly reads Gas-News.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
I don't rate Kamco machines but I think their approach with Alex is reasonable.

He decided not to buy a new machine from them, presumably because he doesn't want to spend the money.

He buys a secondhand unit of unknown provenance, and then expects Kamco to provide training gratis, even though they have already given this to the original owner.

When they decline, he besmirches their name in public on this forum.

Hopefully he services boilers for nothing that he hasn't put in. :D

FFS. Are you on a wind up.

If I bought a new TV from Comet and it came with a free bluray player and in the future i sell you the TV, what do you think Comet will say when you go in and ask for your free bluray player.

:rolleyes:

Can't say I blame Kamco, it's a bit unreasonable to buy a second hand machine and expect the benefits as if you were buying a new machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back