Kenmore 665 15632 Dishwasher making rapid rattling noise draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi our Kenmore started making a rapid rattling noise. Never worked on a dishwasher before but found lots of videos and was able to tear it down to the impellor and I think about as far as I can go on the run before reaching the motor. So I removed the filter screen, chopper blade and spring, impellor, and cleaned it all out found a screw and some bits and pieces of garbage. Put back together and still get the same noise. Seems as it only does it when it drains. So I took it back apart took the impellor off and just to see what would happen closed it up and hit drain. Quiet as a mouse. Opened up and placed just the impellor back on and it immediately started making the noise again. I inspected the impellor and it seems fine no pieces missing or anything. Repeated the process and same thing. When the plastic impellor is on it makes that loud noise and when it isn’t it’s quiet.

I took a video and I’ll post here if I can I’ve never done anything like this so unsure if it will let me. Any advice would be great and if you need pics of anything I’m leaving disassembled until I fix it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back