kenmore washer no hot water but not a valve issue???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Kenmore washer model 11082681110. I can't fill on hot or warm, only cold, so I assume it's the valve. I see another online tip that suggests, if you have no multimeter, swap the AC leads on the hot and cold valves, and if the problem reverses, it's not the valve. I tried this, and that's what happened; swap the AC, now I get only hot.

I have since installed a new Sears temp selector switch, which was the default solution advice if the valve is not bad. New temp selector, same problem. If I shut off the cold, no water comes out, but I do hear a hum/buzz that isn't present when the machine is off, as though the solenoid or valve is trying to open, but can't.

Doesn't matter what setting the temp selector is on. When AC to the valve is as original, cold water only; if I select wash with hot, the cold still comes out, no hot.

Any bright ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back