Kidde Smoke Alarm replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have two interlinked Kidde smoke alarms (one optical and one ionisation). I think 123/9HI and 223/9HI but they look like this image below anyway.

KD123I.JPG

The optical one has developed a fault and I need to replace it. Is there a current model that I can do a straight out removal and swap with? The one above has the connectors for the interlinked cable in a sort of T-shape on the rear but from looking at images of new models the interlinked cable looks to have the contact in a line now. Will I need to swap this too?

And does anyone know what model I should be replacing it with please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Allegedly the Firex ones are a direct replacement, however the connectors are probably different.

Given that they will be many years old and will be at/near the end of their life anyway, probably better and easier to replace both with new ones.
Preferably Aico models.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back